My best 5 tips for
dry skin care in the wintertime
Winter is always a challenge for the skin. It gets dry and chapped, feels taut and overall uncomfortable. There are some things you can do to make you feel much better, in fact if you follow only 3 of them you might solve the problem for good! So here we go:
- Take short baths and not to hot! If you enjoy the bathtub in the winter, it is better for your skin
to take short baths and keep the temperature moderate. I know how wonderful a hot bath is when it is cold outside, only problem is it can deplete your skin from its natural oils. Instead of foam, a few drops of a relaxing essential oil, mixed with jojoba or almond oil will be much better for you.
- When possible use some kind of humidifier in your home and/or office. During winter the indoor air gets very dry thanks to heating. Getting more humidity into the air makes it feel both warmer and have a soothing effect on your skin. You hair will thank you too.
- Use a soap with a good, slightly acid, Ph value. The skin has a Ph value around 4,5 and you should always use soap that helps you keep it there. Most hard soaps hare way too alkaline and should be avoided. It is one of the biggest reasons you feel a need to use a cream after you’ve washed your hands. Your Ph balance has gone out of whack. Liquid soap can be as bad, so be observant.
- Make sure you get your fatty acids every day. Omega3 is an essential substance your body need at all times. It helps lubricate your joints, keeps your brain alert and your eyesight sharp. Your skin is the last organ to get what it needs when it comes to Omega3, therefore you might have to eat more than recommended to make sure your epidermis, the outer layer of your skin, is kept soft. Ideally it should have a shine to it, as if constantly moist, without any lotion applied. Then you know all of your body has got the right supply of Omega3.
- And last but not least Avoid… Well, here is the secret ingredient you should avoid on our skin all year round and at all cost! To find out what it is, down load my report Your Skin – A Gude To Proper Skin Care. Just fill in name and email here to the right and I’ll have it sent over to you right away!
The last three of these tips work for me and is probably enough to keep your skin in good shape every winter, from now on. Good luck and if you have questions please write them below so I can get back to you with a reply.